Friday, May 29, 2009

Found Art Project


I did my found art project on the evolution of women's rights. I wanted to show how women have gained more rights in the United States from the 1970's to the 1990's.

My group decided to use real artifacts to make the viewer feel like they were in that time period and facing the same struggles of women in the 1970's-1990's. We used a lot of quotations to show how women felt and pictures of women who were influential to the women's rights movement. One item we used was a point shoe to show that women were given the right to play sports because of Title IX. We also used covers of CD's and movies to show that women gained their rights to be a part of the entertainment industry.

We got our items by equally assigning the items we wanted to use to every member of our group. We used household items and quotations and pictures from the internet.

If I were to do this project again, I would have brought more three-dimensional items to make our project more interesting. Other than that, I would not have done anything else differently.

To next year's class, I would reccomend that they start in advance and make sure that everyone is on the same page about the project. I would also reccommend that the group meetings held outside of class included everyone in the group so that the work can get done faster. I really enjoyed this project, and I think it is a good substitute for a final exam.

5 comments:

  1. I liked how thorough the blog was. I also very much liked the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that's a really original topic. Everyone is suggesting that the futures found artists not procrastinate, right? :)

    I didn't see your actual project yet, but I will go see it soooonnnn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture in the beginning of the blog. Very visually attracting. Women's right is an unique theme! Great job on thinking up with it. Also, good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good them and nice explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice image of the woman struggling for women's rights! Also, it's very true that the team should meet outside of class to work on the project.

    ReplyDelete